Rape. One word changed his life. Mason Tredwell had it all. He was a good looking, well respected doctor. He had money, power, friends, and never worried about finding a woman to warm his bed. But, that all changed when he was wrongfully accused of rape. And now, after five years in prison and the loss of everything he cared about, he wants revenge.
Abandoned as a baby and bounced around different foster homes, Kat Gingham never really had a charmed life. But now, things are really falling apart. She has no money, no job, and even her lying, cheating boyfriend is gone too. She allows herself one night to cry about her situation before she picks herself back up. Kat falls asleep, safe in her bed, but when she wakes up, she’s no longer at home, and she’s no longer alone. She’s facing Mason, a guy who claims she ruined his life. And he’s hell bent on breaking her down, humiliating her, just like she supposedly did to him.
The problem is that she claims she has no clue what he is talking about, but he doesn’t believe her, declaring facts don’t lie.
Is Kat lying? Can she convince Mason to let her go? Or is fate playing a role in why they were thrown into this together?
**A complimentary copy was provided by author in exchange for an honest review **
~~ 4.5 “Twisted Revenge” Stars ~~
I’ll start by saying that I really liked this story. I was truly intrigued and attracted to this book after reading the synopsis. I was a little scared about how dark this book might get after the description of it, but I am happy to say that it isn’t a dark read at all. This book deals with a kidnapping storyline, revenge, and a case of mistaken identity. I will say that this book was unlike most of the books that I have read recently. Which is a refreshing thing in itself. This book definitely had it all…. love, suspense, drama, heartache and so much more. The only reason I didn’t give this book a 5 star rating was because there were some things that I had trouble believing, plus there was a part about half way in that I knew was coming but was still disappointed that the author threw that in. I personally didn’t think it needed to be a part of the story. This was for a page turner and a book that was really hard to put down once you start it. It will definitely bring out all of your emotions….I was mad, happy, panting, heart broken, and overall just glad I read this book.
The story starts out with Mason getting out of prison after 5 years and showing how he is h*ll bent on getting revenge on the person he “believes” wrongfully accused him of rape. This revenge plot leads him to the kidnapping of Kat Gingham ( The person he “believes” accused him years ago. ) I will say that I truly felt bad for both Kat and Mason…..these 2 characters were dealt some pretty crappy stuff in there life. Kat’s was dealt to her as a child, when she was abandoned as a baby and tossed around from foster home to foster home. Mason’s crappy hand was dealt to him as an adult. He had everything….a great career, wealth, plenty of women, but then that was all taken away from him when he is sent to prison. The big difference between these 2 characters though was how they dealt with their situations. Kat was a shy and quiet girl, but was also determined to make something of herself and when push came to shove she didn’t back down. Were as Mason truly a broken man, what he endured in prison was awful and I can understand why he was broken, but he thought that getting revenge and breaking Kat down was the way to feel better about his situation. I truly wasn’t sure if I was going to like Mason much during this story, but it turned out that he was kind of a softy when it comes to captors. Yes he had a mean side and yes he tried to break Kat, but we also saw a sweet and tender side to him. Even though he had a plan for Kat he still wasn’t willing to see her come to any harm and protected her at every cost. I loved the dynamic between Kat and Mason. They had some really good chemisty and the sexual tension was off the charts. I loved watching their love story unfold and was absolutely thrilled with how this book ended!!!!!
We meet some side characters in this story that I thought were wonderful…Trent and Benny, even Chain and John. They added a wonderful aspect to the story but really didn’t take away from the main story of Kat and Mason. They were there to help Kat and Mason follow down the right path. I won’t say anymore about that, you just need to read this book.
I would definitely recommend this book!!!! If you are looking for a great but unusual love story with drama, suspense, heartbreak, revenge, and some steamy scenes (oh and even a surprising twist you don’t see coming) then this is the book for you. I look forward to reading more books by D.C. Renee.
About me, huh? Hmmm, let’s see…some fun facts: I’m in my late twenties, I’m married to a great guy who likes to drive me crazy sometimes, but I love it and him, I am one of those people that when asked to do something says “No…Yes” (yeah, I know, I’m stuck in the 90′s), I am a total nerd (like you couldn’t tell), I am a Trojan (Fight On!), I work in health insurance (fun times-well, I actually work with my sis, so I guess they technically are fun times), I am way too close to my fam and I feel like I’m forgetting something, hmm…oh yeah, I LOVE to read and write!!!
20 Fun Facts!!!
1. I hate onions, but I love onion flavored things like Funyuns or onion dip.
2. I can’t mix too many veggies together. For example, I love carrots, but I’ll pick them out of a salad. I don’t like lettuce on my tacos or burgers.
3. I love dancing! (Not professionally, although I have taken plenty of classes over the years.) I supposedly bopped my head to the music before I could walk.
4. I go to Zumba & Latin Jam every week.
5. I played the piano until I was in college. I can read music, but I hated to do so, so I used to play everything from memory.
6. I speak Russian fluently, but I read like a first grader. Don’t get me started on spelling.
7. I work at the same company (and same building) as my sister, so I see her every day. We’re really close.
8. My sister and I have a 9 year age difference (and were born 4 days apart). We used to celebrate all our birthdays together. (Ironically, my mom and her sister also have a 9 year difference.)
9. I was born on groundhogs day (2/2). It’s also my aunt’s birthday too.
10. My favorite number is 22 (hmmm…I wonder how I got that). My husband’s favorite number is also 22 because he was born 1/22.
11. My first stories were Days of Our Lives fan fictions. They are still up on the website under my screen name fan22.
12. I got my Bachelors degree and my Masters degree from the University of Southern California. Go Trojans! (My sister also went there and got the same degrees I did – I guess you could say I followed in her footsteps.)
13. My whole family loves watching hockey, so it’s no wonder it’s my favorite sport. I love the Los Angeles Kings! (Root for the home team always!)
14. I love Bon Jovi and have seen him/them in concert 5 times.
15. My favorite rose is Fire on Ice. It’s white on the outside and red inside, so that when it blooms, it looks like red on white.
16. I was on the show The Great Pretenders when I younger. We were put into groups and dressed up and lip-synched songs chosen for us. I played the guitarist for The Go-Go’s singing Our Lips Are Sealed.
17. I love to sketch as a hobby, but I can’t sketch people at all. I usually sketch flowers.
18. I was my sister’s maid-of-honor at the age of 15. I didn’t get to go to her bachelorette party.
19. My favorite color is blue, so much so that my wedding colors were ivory and blue.
20. I’ve been married for 3 years, but been with my hubby for over 8 years.